UEFA Champions League Seeding
2017 / 2018
2018/2 019 >><< 2016/2017
This page shows UEFA Champions League seeding in season 2017/2018. All informations published at this page (format, coefficients, places allocation, etc.) are based on UEFA's official regulations.
Format: Champions League format
Source of seeding: Club Ranking 2016 / 2017
Source of places allocation: Access List for 2017 / 2018
List of teams: Season Review 2017 / 2018
Results of draw: Draw results
Moves in seeding of clubs
Changes in seeding of listed clubs may occur from following reasons (this page is updated regularly, after any change):
1. Listed seeded club is eliminated = all clubs with worse coefficient are moved up in seeding for the draw of following rounds (there are exceptions in 2nd Q and 3rd Q rounds, more info below). Seeding is based on assumption that all seeded clubs progress for the following rounds.
2. Listed club is banned, or didn't obtain license for playing European cups (but given club will be listed at this page until fail of its final appeal in its country).
3. UEFA uses different coefficient of listed club due their mistake in counting (that has happened a couple of times).
- * = club starts in Q1 (** = Q2; *** = Q3; **** = Q4)
- 1. (2., 3. etc.) = domestic league position of club
- Club in bold = already qualified for given round
- Coefficient in green = coefficient may grow up (one of clubs from given country is still playing CL/EL 16/17 and may earn another points)
- Coefficient in black = final coefficient (all clubs from given country are eliminated from CL and EL 16/17)